by Renee Blodgett
I remember being in the offices of a renowned mobile and software company ten or so years ago after having lunch with the CEO. They had just completed an IPO and as we walked into the main office space, increasingly becoming overcrowded with cubicles, he noticed how many employees were watching the stock price on their screens.
With me trailing behind him, he abruptly stopped and addressed his teams with a sense of urgency that surprised me. He said in a bold voice: “I don’t want to see you starring at numbers on your screen all day – spend your time doing whatever you can to make our existing customers happy.”
Hear hear. At the start of the HAPIfork Kickstarter campaign two days ago, I found myself obsessed with checking the screen constantly, even during meetings. The addictive nature of a campaign that has $$’s attached to it is impossible to ignore. After day two, I stopped and returned to a quick check every other hour, as a way to quickly check the progress but not be consumed by it.
That said, a campaign of this nature takes on a life of its own. After four hours, the Kickstarter HAPIfork campaign was 10% towards reaching its $100K goal and on day three, we are at 42,544 at the time of writing this blog post.
Here’s a glimpse of my addictive screen grabs on Wednesday and Thursday.
We’re off to a great start and kudos to the HAPILABS team, which is operating across five time zones. Please support us on the Kickstarter HAPILABS page so we can make inventor Jacques Lepine’s dream come true.
Here’s a sample of the fabulous media coverage since our campaign hit two days ago…..
- CNET – Donna Tam |
4/17 | HapiFork: Vibrating novelty or health revolution?
- Cult of Android – Eli Milchman |
4/17 | Hapifork Tattles To Your Phone About How Much You’re Eating [Kickstarter]
- Engadget – Christopher
Trout | 4/17 | HAPILABS launches HAPIfork Kickstarter campaign, we go hands-on and
- Fodors: http://www.fodors.com/news/best-new-travel-tech-for-2013-6387.html
- Forbes – Larry Magid |
4/17 | A HAPI Meal That You Eat Slowly
- Fox – New York – Luke Funk | 4/17 | Fork vibrates when you eat too quickly
- Fox 10 TV – Alabama – Lenise Ligon | 4/17 | HAPIfork; Bluetooth enabled fork
- Health 2.0 News – Laura Montini | 4/17 | An Afternoon with the HAPIfork
- International Business Times – Esther Tanguintic-Misa | 4/17 | Problem Controlling Weight Gain? Curb It With Hapifork…
- Mashable –
Chris Taylor | 4/17 | Hands On With the Fork That Tells You to Eat Slower
- Medical Daily – Susan Scutti | 4/17 | Vibrating Forks to Help You Lose Weight? The Unusual Intersection of SmartProducts and Crowdsourcing
- Nature World News – Tamarra Kemsley | 4/17 | ‘Smart’ Fork Vibrates When You Eat Too Quickly
- Science World Report – Kathleen Lee | 4/17 | Don’t Put Your Fork Down, HAPIfork Vibrates if You Eat Too Quickly
- Slash Gear – Craig Lloyd | 4/17 | HAPIfork
Kickstarter campaign officially launches
- TechCrunch – Gregory Ferenstein | 4/17 | Eating Fast Is Destroying Your Body. The HAPIfork’s Buzz Can Help
- The New Zealand Herald – AFP | 4/17 | Would you buy a vibrating fork to stop you getting fat?
- The Washington Times – Jessica Chasmar | 4/17 | Obesity battle gets French weapon: Forks that vibrate on quick eaters
- TUAW –
Mike Schramm | 4/17 | HAPIfork Kickstarter campaign goes live
- Ubergizmo – Hubert Nguyen | 4/17 | HAPIfork Starts Crowdfunding on Kickstarter
- Venture Beat – Rebecca Grant | 4/17 | World’s first connected fork could help you eat healthier, slower, and less
- Wall Street Journal – N/A | 4/17 | HAPIfork Now Available for Pre-Order on Kickstarter
- Xconomy –
Wade Roush | 4/17 | Testing Kickstarter’s Appetite for a Digital Fork and ‘Positive Punishment’
- Boot Camp – Fred Fishkin |
4/18 | HapiLabs opens Kickstarter campaign for the HapiFork
- Financial Everyday –
4/18 | HAPIfork Now Available for PreOrder on Kickstarter
- Gearburn – Bianca Budricks |
4/18 | Is HAPIFork a dumb fad or smart new eating tool?
- Gizmag – Dave Parrack |
4/18 | HAPIfork smart fork hits Kickstarter
- Health Care Asia – AFP | 4/18 | Vibrating Fork Helps Combat Obesity
- CBS Radio & Larrys World –
Larry Magid | 4/18 | HAPIFork Helps You Eat More Slowly
- NBC – Bay Area – Scott Budman |
4/18 | ‘HAPIfork’ a New Tech Diet Tool
- NBC News – N/A | 4/18 | HAPIfork Now Available for PreOrder on Kickstarter